1. Darity W Jr, Hamilton D, Paul M., et al. What we’re wrong about closing the racial wealth gap. Samuel DuBois Cook Center on Social Equity, April 2018 (https://socialequity.duke.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/what-we-get-wrong.pdf).
2. Derenoncourt E, Kim CH, Kuhn M, Schularick M. Wealth of Two Nations: The Racial Wealth Gap in the United States, 1860-2020. NBER working paper no. 30101. Cambridge, MA: National Bureau of Economic Research, 2022.
3. Bassett MT, Galea S. Reparations as a public health priority – a strategy to end black-white health disparities. N English J med 2020;383:2101–2103.
4. Boen C, Keister L, Aronson B. Beyond Net Worth: Racial Differences in Wealth Portfolios and Health Inequalities Between Blacks and Whites Across the Lifespan. J Health Soc Behavior 2020;61:153–169.
5. HimmelsteinKEW, Venkataramani AS. Economic Vulnerability of Female Healthcare Workers in the United States: Potential Impact of a $15/Hour Minimum Wage. Am J Public Health 2019;109:198–205.
6. Gibson-Davis C, Keister LA, Genetian LA. Net worth poverty in child households by race and ethnicity, 1989-2019. J Marriage Fam 2021;83:667–682.
seven. Brandolini A, Magri S, Smeeding T. Asset-based poverty measurement. J Policy Anal Manage 2010;29:267–284.
8. Green KA, Bovell-Ammon A, Sandel M. Housing and neighborhoods as root causes of child poverty. Pediatrician Acad 2021;21:Supplement 8:S194–S199.
9. Ettman CK, Cohen GH, Galea S. Is wealth associated with depressive symptoms in the United States? Ann Epidemiol 2020;43(43)25–31.e1.
ten. More complete AE, Garg A, Brown NM, Y-Tripods, Oyeku SO, Gross RS. Relationships between material hardship, resilience and health care utilization. Pediatrics 2020;145(2):e20191975–e20191975.
11. Pollack CE, Chideya S, Cabin C, William B, Dekker M, Braveman P. Should health studies measure wealth? A systematic review. Am J Prev Med 2007;33:250–264.
12. Makaroun LK, Brown RT, Diaz Ramirez LG, et al. Wealth-related disparities in death and disability in the United States and England. JAMA Medical Intern 2017;177:1745–1753.
13. Schwandt H. Wealth Shocks and Health Outcomes: Evidence from Stock Market Fluctuations. Am Econ J Appl Econ 2018;ten:349–377.
14. LR swimming pool, Burgard AG, Needham BL, Elliott M., Langa KM, Mendes by Leon CF. Association of a negative wealth shock with all-cause mortality among middle-aged and older adults in the United States. JAMA 2018;319:1341–1350.
15. Pollack CE, Cabin C, Sania A, et al. Do wealth disparities contribute to health disparities within racial/ethnic groups? J Epidemiol Community Health 2013;67:439–445.
16. Blakemore E. How the promise of the GI Bill was denied to a million black WWII veterans. Story, April 20, 2021 (http://www.history.com/news/gi-bill-black-wwii-veterans-benefits).
17. Akbar’s AP, Lily, Chertzer A, Walsh PR. Racial segregation in housing markets and the erosion of black wealth. National Bureau of Economic Research, May 2019 (https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w25805/w25805.pdf).
18. Traub A, Rutschlin C, Sullivan L, Meschede T, Dietrich L., Shapiro T. The Racial Wealth Gap: Why Politics Matters. demos, June 21, 2016 (https://www.demos.org/research/racial-wealth-gap-why-policy-matters).
19. Sykes B, Maroto M. A Mine of Inequality: Mass Incarceration, Employment, and Racial Disparities in American Household Wealth, 1996 to 2011. J Soc Sci 2016;2:129–152.
20. Rothstein R. The Color of the Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Tore America Apart. New York: live right, 2017.
21. Hamilton D, Darity W. Can “baby ties” eliminate the racial wealth gap in putative post-racial America? Rev Black Polish Econ 2010;37:207–216.
22. Faber J.W.. Racial dynamics of subprime mortgages at the top. Housing policy debate 2013;23:328–349.
23. Rough JS, Albright L, Massey DS. Race, Space, and Cumulative Disadvantage: A Case Study of the Subprime Lending Collapse. Soc Problem 2015;62:186–218.
24. Misera L. An uphill battle: The outsized toll of COVID-19 on minority-owned businesses. Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, October 8, 2020 (https://www.clevelandfed.org/newsroom-and-events/publications/community-development-briefs/db-20201008-misera-report).
25. Marcil LE, MK hole, Jackson J., et al. Anti-poverty medicine through medico-financial partnerships: a new approach to child poverty. Pediatrician Acad 2021;21:Supplement:S169–S176.
26. Case A, Deaton A. The dead of despair and the future of capitalism. Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton Press, 2020.
27. Prager E, Schmitt M. Consolidation of employers and wages: testimonials from hospitals. Am Econ Rev 2021;111:397–427.
28. Cooper Z, Han J., Mahoney N.. Hospital lawsuits for unpaid bills rose 37% in Wisconsin from 2001 to 2018. Health Aff (Millwood) 2021;40:1830–1835.
29. PEW Charitable Trusts. Philadelphia’s Poor: Experiences Below the Poverty Line. September 26, 2018 (https://pew.org/2NyZSJG).
30. Khanan I, Elam J, Hear R, Jones C, Maseru. The impact of prenatal participation in WIC on infant mortality and racial disparities. Am J Public Health 2010;100:Supplement 1:S204–S209.
31. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. The core of the policy: the earned income tax credit. December ten, 2019 (https://www.cbpp.org/research/federal-tax/the-earned-income-tax-credit).
32. Parolin Z, Curran MA. Expanded child tax credit leads to further decline in child poverty in August 2021. Columbia University, September 24, 2021 (https://www.povertycenter.columbia.edu/publication/monthly-poverty-august-2021).
33. Dalembert G., Fiks S.A., O’Neill G, Rosin R, Jenssen BP. Impact on poverty with medical financial partnerships focused on tax incentives. NEJM Catal Innov Care Delivery 2021;2(4) DOI: 10.1056/CAT.20.0594.
34. Dill J, Duffy M.. Structural racism and the employment of black women in the health sector in the United States. Show Health (Millwood) 2022;41:265–272.
35. Matta S, Chatterjee P, Venkataramani AS. The income-based mortality gradient among health care workers in the United States: a cohort study. J Gen Med Intern 2021;36:2870–2872.
36. Elliott W, HA song, Nam I. Children’s small savings accounts and children’s college outcomes by income level. Child and Youth Service Rev. 2013;35:560–571.
37. Tamborini CR, Kim C., Sakamoto A. Education and lifetime earnings in the United States. Demography 2015;52:1383–1407.
38. Harris K., Rubenstein K.. Closing the Racial Wealth Gap: The Asset Perspective. Rev Clgh 2011;45:74–92.
39. Zuckermann D, Parker K.. Inclusive and local procurement: buying for people and place. Collaborative for Democracy, 2016 (https://healthcareanchor.network/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Hospital-Toolkits-Inclusive-Local-Sourcing.pdf).
40. Chetty R, Hendren N. The impacts of neighborhoods on intergenerational mobility I: effects of children’s exposure. QJ Eco 2018;133:1107–1162.