Effingham, IL-(Radio Effingham)- The Chamber Foundation of Effingham County celebrated the 2022 Chamber Foundation Scholarship recipients at the annual Scholarship Recipients and Sponsors Luncheon on Friday, June 3 at the Keller Convention Center.
Eight recipients received $1,000 scholarships, four of whom were local high school seniors and four were adults entering or continuing their high school education.
The Jack Graham Scholarship, named after the late Jack Graham, a local entrepreneur, is awarded to someone who is currently or will be in health care, child care or a professional occupation. This scholarship was awarded to Sydney Hanfland. Hanfland is graduating from Teutopolis High School this year and plans to attend Eastern Illinois University to pursue studies in communication disorders and science.
The seven Chamber Foundation scholarships were awarded to:
- Krista Phillips, a graduate of Effingham High School in 2022, plans to attend Illinois State University to study marketing.
- Maria Poston, a 2022 graduate of St. Anthony’s High School, plans to attend Southern Illinois University – Edwardsville to pursue a degree in biochemistry.
- Britney Walls, a graduate of Effingham High School in 2022, plans to attend Eastern Illinois University to study business management and human resources.
- Emily Becker, of Altamont, who attends Eastern Illinois University and studies clinical mental health counseling.
- Claire Beckman, from Dieterich who attends Eastern Illinois University where she studies communication disorders and science.
- Abby Bloemer, from Teutopolis, studies exercise science, human health, and performance at Illinois State University.
- Alli Brumleve, a Teutopolis resident who recently graduated from Lincoln Land Community College and plans to attend Illinois State University in the fall to study middle school education.
All 2022 sponsors of the Chamber Foundation Community Scholarship Program were recognized at the luncheon. These include platinum sponsors John Boos & Co, distributor Koerner and the New Car Dealers Association; Gold Sponsor Agracel, Inc.; Silver Sponsors Al’s Tire Mart & Electronics, Effingham Asphalt Company, JB Esker & Sons, Ken & Norma Lansing, Martin’s Save-a-Lot and Washington Savings Bank; and bronze sponsors Lori Funneman and Frank & Ann Kabbes.
Since its inception in 1996, the Chamber Foundation of Effingham County has awarded 201 scholarships in the amount of $238,000.
To learn more about the scholarship program or become a sponsor, visit EffinghamCountyChamber.com/Chamber-Foundation or call the Effingham County Chamber at (217) 342-4147.
Photograph courtesy of Nuxoll Photography
High School Scholarship Recipients
(left to right): Britney Walls, Krista Phillips, Maria Poston and Sydney Hanfland
Adult Scholarship Recipients
(left to right): Alli Brumpleve, Abby Bloemer, Emily Becker and Claire Beckman
About Effingham County Chamber
Founded in 1917, the Effingham County Chamber is the leading advocate and champion of county affairs. The Chamber strives to create a climate of growth and success in our community by providing leadership opportunities as well as volunteer programs and business building initiatives that focus on key priorities for businesses in the county. Effingham. By leveraging the support, talent and resources of our members, the Effingham County Chamber leads efforts to ensure business success and community growth.