Wells Fargo, one of the nation’s largest banks, offers checking and savings accounts, CDs, credit cards, loans, investment services and more. Founded in 1852, it now has over 4,700 branches, making it a bank to consider for anyone looking for a reliable, one-stop, full-service financial institution.
Anyone looking to switch banks or open a Wells Fargo checking account might be interested in the $300 Wells Fargo checking account bonus for eligible account holders.
Wells Fargo $300 Bonus Requirements
New Wells Fargo current account holders must meet the following requirements to receive the $300 bonus.
- Open a new Wells Fargo checking account with a deposit of $25 or more by July 15, 2022.
- Receive eligible direct deposits to the new account totaling $1,000 or more within 90 calendar days of account opening.
- Keep the account open until the bonus earned is deposited.
Any ACH automatic electronic deposit of regular income – including salary, pension, or Social Security – is considered a qualifying direct deposit.
Within 30 days of the end of the 90-day qualification period, Wells Fargo will determine if the bonus requirements have been met and will deposit the $300 bonus into the account holder’s checking account, if they have one. Once the bonus is received, an account holder can close the account without penalty.
To qualify for the bonus, the account holder must open the new daily checking account online from the bonus offer page on the Wells Fargo website or at a branch. If opening the account in person, the potential new account holder must present the bank representative with a bonus code generated on the Wells Fargo bonus offer webpage to receive the offer.
New account holders should be aware that Wells Fargo may close a zero balance account without notice in accordance with the deposit account agreement, so they should maintain a positive account balance until the bonus is received. In addition, account holders are responsible for paying bonus taxes as required by law.
Wells Fargo Current Account Details
A Wells Fargo Everyday Checking account can be opened with as little as $25. Although the account has no minimum balance requirement, to avoid a $10 monthly service fee, account holders must meet one of the following monthly requirements:
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $500
- Receive eligible direct deposits totaling $500 or more each month
- Be between 17 and 24 years old
- Be a student with a Wells Fargo Campus ATM card or Campus debit card linked to the account
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking is a non-interest bearing account. However, with Wells Fargo Everyday Checking, account holders can access online and mobile banking, make digital payments through Zelle, and use approximately 12,000 ATMs for free.
The account comes with a contactless debit card that can easily be added to the digital wallet feature or deactivated if lost or stolen. Wells Fargo also provides several tools to help account holders avoid overdrafts.
The Wells Fargo $300 bonus is an attractive sign-up offer and should be relatively easy for many people to earn given the reasonable eligibility requirements. College students who can meet the direct deposit requirement might find the account advantageous, as they can easily avoid the $10 monthly fee based on their age or by linking a Campus card.
Anyone considering a new checking account should shop around before opening a Wells Fargo account. Other banks may offer equally attractive bonus offers on interest-bearing checks or have account features that better suit individual banking needs.
Here are quick answers to two of the most common questions about the Wells Fargo $300 bonus offer.
- How do I get my $300 bonus from Wells Fargo?
- To obtain the $300 Wells Fargo bonus, new eligible account holders must open a new Wells Fargo checking account with a minimum deposit of $25 and receive a minimum total of $1,000 in eligible direct deposits into the new account within 90 calendar days from account opening.
- Within 30 days of the end of the 90-day qualification period, Wells Fargo will deposit the $300 bonus into the qualifying account if all conditions are met.
- How long does it take to get the Wells Fargo control bonus?
- It can take up to 120 days from account opening to receive the $300 bonus. The bonus qualification period is 90 days. Within 30 days of the end of the 90-day qualification period, Wells Fargo will determine if the bonus requirements have been met and will deposit the $300 into the account holder’s new checking account.
Information is accurate as of July 13, 2022.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided by Wells Fargo. Any opinions, analyses, criticisms, evaluations or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or otherwise endorsed by Wells Fargo.