Dublin, Sep 30, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – The “Ophthalmic Packaging Market Size, Share and Trend Analysis Report Per Dose (Single Dose, Multidose), By Type (OTC, Prescription) , by Material (Plastic, Glass), By Region and Segment Forecast, 2021-2028 “has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The global ophthalmic packaging market is expected to reach $ 17.7 billion by the end of 2028, according to a new report from the publisher. It is expected to increase at a CAGR of 11.9% during the forecast period. The growing global burden of eye conditions and an increasing number of eye clinics, hospitals and ambulatory care centers are the factors driving the growth of the market. Furthermore, the frequent introduction of new drug delivery systems and the high demand for advanced packaging solutions are expected to fuel the market during the forecast period.
Rising healthcare costs and increasing disposable income are some of the main factors that are expected to drive many patients towards advanced eye care. In addition, the growing number of advanced healthcare facilities such as eye hospitals and eye clinics in several regions and the growing awareness of preventive care, eye disorders and self-medication are some of the factors that are expected to promote the market growth.
The increase in the geriatric population associated with age-related eye disorders is expected to increase the demand for ophthalmic products. In addition, improved reimbursement policies for eye surgeries, including cataract and eye implants, and increased awareness of eye disorders and treatment options are expected to drive market growth.
Government and non-government initiatives such as eye screening programs and national health care programs are expected to increase accessibility to eye care. In addition, initiatives such as an “economic free trade zone” and the reduction of the approval time for the creation of facilities will contribute to the creation of new ophthalmic manufacturing facilities which are expected to increase the demand for ophthalmic materials. packaging during the forecast period.
Highlights of the Ophthalmic Packaging Market Report
- Multiple dose ophthalmic packaging held the largest market share in 2018 and is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. The increasing use of multi-dose packaging in over-the-counter preparations coupled with the increasing prevalence of common eye disorders such as red eyes, dry eyes and conjunctivitis are the main factors expected to stimulate growth.
- On the basis of materials, plastic packaging materials accounted for the largest share and is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. Low density polyethylene (LDP) is the most preferred resin used due to its advantages such as flexibility, compatibility, affordability and safety.
- Based on type, the ophthalmic packaging market is segmented into prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) products. The prescription types segment held the largest share in 2018 and is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period.
- North America held approximately 38.5% of the global ophthalmic packaging materials market in 2018. A developed healthcare infrastructure, a growing aging population, the prevalence of eye disorders and the presence of strict regulatory bodies are the factors that contribute to this important part.
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, with the presence of several small and large scale ophthalmic product manufacturing plants and significant unmet healthcare needs.
Main topics covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and scope
Chapter 2. Executive summary
Chapter 3. Variables, Trends and Scope of Ophthalmic Packaging Market
3.1. Market lineage outlook
3.1.1. Parents Market Outlook
3.1.2. Related / Auxiliary Market Outlook
3.2. Mapping of penetration and growth prospects
3.3. Industry value chain analysis
3.3.1. Reimbursement framework
3.4. Market dynamics
3.4.1. Market driver analysis
220.127.116.11. Increased prevalence of eye disorders
18.104.22.168. Growing importance of differentiation and brand awareness in a competitive market.
3.4.2. Analysis of market constraints
22.214.171.124. Sustainability issues related to the use of plastics
3.4.3. Industry challenges
126.96.36.199. Incompatibility of preparations with packaging material
3.5. Ophthalmic Packaging Market Analysis Tools
3.5.1. Industry Analysis – Porter’s
188.8.131.52. Supplier power
184.108.40.206. Purchasing power
220.127.116.11. Threat of substitution
18.104.22.168. Threat of a new entrant
22.214.171.124. Competitive rivalry
3.5.2. PESTEL analysis
126.96.36.199. The political landscape
188.8.131.52. Technological landscape
184.108.40.206. Economic landscape
3.5.3. Analysis of major transactions and strategic alliances
3.5.4. Market entry strategies
3.5.5. Covid-19 impact assessment
Chapter 4. Dose estimates and trend analysis
4.1. Definitions and scope
4.1.1. One dose
4.2. Doses market share, 2020 and 2028
4.3. Segment dashboard
4.4. Global Ophthalmic Packaging Market Per Dose Outlook
4.5. Market size and forecast and trend analysis, 2016 to 2028 for the following
4.5.1. One dose
Chapter 5. Type estimates and trend analysis
5.1. Definitions and scope
5.2. Type Market share, 2020 and 2028
5.3. Segment dashboard
5.4. Global Ophthalmic Packaging Market By Type
5.5. Market size and forecast and trend analysis, 2016 to 2028 for the following
Chapter 6. Physical estimates and trend analysis
6.1. Definitions and scope
6.1.1. A glass
6.2. Type Market share, 2020 and 2028
6.3. Segment dashboard
6.4. Global Ophthalmic Packaging Market By Material Outlook
6.5. Market size and forecast and trend analysis, 2016 to 2028 for the following
6.5.1. A glass
Chapter 7. Ophthalmic Packaging Market: Regional Estimates and Trend Analysis
Chapter 8. Competitive landscape
8.1. Recent developments and impact analysis, by the main market players
8.2. Categorization of companies / competitions
8.3. Supplier landscape
8.3.1. List of main distributors and distribution partners
8.3.2. The main clients
8.3.3. Market share analysis of key companies, 2020
8.3.4. Amcor plc
220.127.116.11. Company presentation
18.104.22.168. Financial performance
22.214.171.124. Comparative analysis of products
126.96.36.199. Strategic initiatives
8.3.5. Western Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
188.8.131.52. Company presentation
184.108.40.206. Financial performance
220.127.116.11. Comparative analysis of products
18.104.22.168. Strategic initiatives
8.3.6. Gerresheimer AG
22.214.171.124. Company presentation
126.96.36.199. Financial performance
188.8.131.52. Comparative analysis of products
184.108.40.206. Strategic initiatives
8.3.7. SCHOTT AG
220.127.116.11. Company presentation
18.104.22.168. Financial performance
22.214.171.124. Comparative analysis of products
126.96.36.199. Strategic initiatives
8.3.8. AptarGroup, Inc.
188.8.131.52. Company presentation
184.108.40.206. Financial performance
220.127.116.11. Comparative analysis of products
18.104.22.168. Strategic initiatives
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/lh4ixn