To save energy and money, Cleco customers should weatherproof their homes. Weatherization seals a home, so customers can keep it indoors!
“Sealing air leaks around windows and doors and making sure you have the right amount of insulation can save energy and keep a home cool in the hot summer months,” says Andre Guillory , Vice President and Chief Client Officer. “The goal is to make sure your home is sealed like an envelope, so fresh air stays inside.”
Keep it inside! is the latest area of focus in Cleco’s energy-saving campaign, Watt Matters, a five-part series on residential programs and individual actions customers can take to reduce energy waste and reduce their monthly bills. It follows the fourth focus area, Budget For It! which encouraged customers to enroll in the company’s budget billing program to receive more predictable bills. The third focus area, Unplug It!, explained how inactive electronics, appliances, and other miscellaneous devices draw electricity around the clock, even when not in use. The second focus area, Turn It Off!, reminded customers to turn off lights and appliances when not in use. The first focus area, Replace It!, urged customers to replace outdated appliances and fixtures with ones that are more energy efficient.
“There are several things customers can do themselves to weatherproof their homes without spending a lot of money,” Guillory said. “Cleco customers can also take advantage of services available through the Cleco Power Wise™ energy efficiency program.”
Watt Matters: Keep It In, Energy Saving Tips During Summer Months:
- Add insulation to keep your home cooler in the summer.
- Seal leaks around doors and windows.
- Seal the cracks between the ceiling and the attic to prevent hot air from entering the house.
- Seal leaky switches, outlets and conduits.
- Replace air filters frequently.
- Install a programmable thermostat that adjusts the temperature when you’re away from home. Thermostats are available with an instant rebate of up to $100 through the Power Wise program at https://clecomarketplace.com/.
- Take the Power Wise Quick Online Home Energy Audit to see where you can reduce energy waste! Visit www.cleco.com/homeenergyaudit today.
Click here to report a typo. Please provide the article title in your email.
Copyright 2022 Cleco. All rights reserved.